Main Tasks & Responsibilities:
Work in the SSC Nearshore Monozukuri accounting team under the management of one of the Monozukuri Accounting Section Managers. The Monozukuri accounting team will cover accounting activities of Nissan Europe’s UK (Sunderland) and Spain (Barcelona) car manufacturing plants.
- Responsible for researching and resolving a variety of routine and ad-hoc internal and external inquiries concerning Treasury account status, including communicating the resolution of discrepancies to appropriate persons; supervision and support SSC Offshore AP processes for the entities in scope.
- Accountable for daily routine and ad-hoc Cash Management, Treasury activities, including open / close daily treasury position; monitoring bank movements and verify paperwork; preparing reconciliation and reports with deadlines for the entities in scope.
Nissan’s Nearshore Shared Services Center (SSC) located in Budapest is part of Nissan Europe organization. The SSC provides support to Accounting and Business Flows Management tasks for Nissan companies in Europe. The SSC Nearshore Accounting Coordinator is:
- Responsible to perform E2E accounting activities of Nissan Europe’s UK or Spain car manufacturing plants under her/his scope.
- Liaises with SSC Offshore & other Nissan Europe entities (local teams).
- Supports the Accounting Section Manager and Project Manager in all cycles of the migration period.
- Actively participates in continuous improvement actions including ad hoc project-based activities as well.
- Directly reports to the Monozukuri Section Manager in Nearshore SSC organization
- Support the Monozukuri Accounting Section Manager and Manager during internal and external audits.
- Liaise with both external/internal customers to resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Ensure adherence to Nissan Europe’s policies and procedures, including internal controls, group accounting rules and corporate compliance
- Participate in transverse projects such as IS applications implementations, migration of accounting activities to SSC Nearshore and process simplifications/automations.
- Liaise with SSC Offshore & other Nissan Europe entities for finance projects and accounting issue escalation
Minimum Education & Qualifications
Background & Experience:
Chartered Accountant or Minimum Bachelor's degree in Business/Accounting/Economy.
- Minimum 1-2 year experience in accounting from Shared Service Center, BPO or BIG4
- Treasury advantage
- Knowledge & Practice of international accounting standard (IFRS) is a plus
Specific technical skills
Good knowledge of MS Office (specifically MS Excel) and SAP
- Very good understanding of end to end Finance & Accounting processes.
- Readiness and flexibility to travel for up to 2-3 month of time to Nissan Europe’s Plants in UK or Spain during migration period in the beginning of employment.
- ACCA or DipIFRS will be considered as a big plus.
Strong written and verbal skills enabling effective communication at various levels inside and outside the organization
- Professional skepticism.
- Ability to work in a matrix, multicultural and fast-paced environment.
- Process improvement and results oriented.
- Fluent English (spoken and written) is a must, Spanish is a plus for Spain roles.